If you don’t know what is happening in Brazil, PLEASE, watch this!
Spread the world!
Tens of thousands of people marched through Brazil’s largest city, Sao Paulo, on Monday as protests spread over rising public transport prices and the cost of staging the 2014 World Cup.
PUTA QUE O PARIU, ESTOU TODO ARREPIADO AQUI!
Please sign this petition concerning police brutality and government corruption in Brazil. The mass media is not reporting on any of this, today on June 16th radio stations’ signals were cut and replaced with the narration of soccer games simply because they were reporting on police brutality who locked protesters inside a park with children and women inside, gassed them and shot rubber bullets.
The Brazilian media is being censured. Websites that express the true situation by people who have been victims of police brutality are being taken down. The government is refusing to acknowledge any of this, and their president has not even made a statement about the situation. The Brazilian media is reporting that the protesters are vandals and bandits.
What is it that Brazil is protesting for, you may ask?
- They want the end of rampant corruption that affects every single system in the country
- They want the end of police brutality
- They want better conditions in public transportation, public hospitals and schools
- They want the government to listen to its people, and not repress peaceful manifestations of democracy
- They want justice for those who were hurt by police brutality in what started as a peaceful manifestation against the raising of the prices of what may be one of the worst public transportation systems in the world
- They want some of the funds that have been used for the World Cup (including the building of the most expensive arena ever to host a world cup - costing 1.2 billion) to be used for necessary things such as fighting hunger and poverty
- They want their media not to be censured and to expose the reality of the country
Does that sound absurd to you?
They need the world to listen, and the internet is their only way. We need to speak up and pressure the Brazilian government into action.
So spread the word. Post this on your twitters, Facebook, and reblog on your Tumblr. I believe that as human beings, we are all brothers and sisters and when we see our fellow brother or sister in distress we need to come to their aid. Help Brazilians obtain their basic human rights! Change Brazil!
Already signed!! Thank you so much for your help, we really need the world to understand what’s really happening here!
CHANGE BRAZIL! We will keep fighting for what’s right!
THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING IN MY COUNTRY RIGHT NOW!!
220 thousand people in the streets manifesting for civil rights!